Monday, February 5, 2007

DON'T BOX ME IN

This will be brief. I gotta go to breakfast. I mean work.

No opinion here -- none whatsoever -- on Governor Perry's decision to give little girls whore medicine on the taxpayers' nickel. Billy Clyde is not a physician, a parent, or a shareholder in pharmaceutical stocks (except, presumably, via broad-based mutual funds reflective of the entire market).

But I know dirty, filthy television when I see it. Over the Christmas period, the blasphemists over at Saturday Night Live aired a vile video about, uh, creative holiday gifts. For strictly informational purposes, I'll provide you a link, just so you know how juvenile it is. Also to give you the three easy steps. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dmVU08zVpA)

A wholesome lass has produced a much more melodic version that promotes the spirit of giving without all the nasty penis references. She, unlike those SNL people, will surely go to Heaven. Check out her song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xElIik0Ys0) and website (www.myboxinabox.com) and plan to join me when (and if) she comes to Austin to be honored by an Official House Resolution (Goolsby has already agreed to move that all members' names be added) that I hope to convince Representative Kolkhorst to carry.

This is the best song ever recorded. And just in time for Valentine's Day.

(Yes, KCD, this is for you.)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Justin Timberlake has nothing on you Billy Clyde...

Any suggestions for honoring Ms. Box in the upper chamber?

Anonymous said...

I am very impressed with your hip cultural knowledge, BC!

Now I have that song stuck in my head again, and it took month to make it leave last time.

domeboy said...

The upper chamber must honor Ms. Box. Who is the natural choice to carry this resolution?

domeboy said...

Dear Billy Clyde,
...I've heard whispers in the capitol halls about demand for a long lost audio file known as the "duckjob". Surely you've heard similar whispers. Do you know anything about this?

Billy Clyde said...

Dear KCD:

Why the Heart of the Senate, of course. Sorry I forget that we have that pesky bicameral system.


Dear Miss M:

If you have to have a song stuck in your head, "Box in a Box" beats the heck outta "Achy Breaky Heart."

On a related note, permission is required to look into the box. I think you know what I'm referring to.


Dear Domeboy:

Demetrius has the only copy.

Anonymous said...

BC- I prefer the junk-as-euphemism version over the girlie version. In other words, Justin rocks my box.

But I don't understand the "permission" statement. I rarely need it and always receive it.

Anonymous said...

For my boy Billy Clyde and the Hot Tub Party!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=HhDQju-sor8

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link -- and leading me to the Camel Toe song. HILARIOUS!