Friday, December 29, 2006

I LUV GREEN EGGS AND HAM

Got me an invite this morning for a freshman House member brunch on the day before opening day of what will be Texas' 80th Legislative Session. This is a good thing (not the session, the brunch) because I wouldn't recognize Tan Parker, Ellen Cohen or Brandon Creighton if they broke into my home and slapped me silly.
___
Billy Clyde used to make fun of supposed lobbyists who didn't know new members. But in hindsight, that lack of awareness is perfectly understandable. I mean, trying to get to know 20 to 30 new people every other year is rather laborious. Who am I, Superman?
___
In the extremely unlikely event that any of these generous public servants ask my take on being a successful freshman, I will offer my tried and true advice: take care of your one or two local issues, kiss your committee chairmen's backside, and maybe participate in a floor debate that stems from work produced by one of your committees. And send flags -- flags that were "flown" over the Capitol -- to people. Lots of people. You simply cannot send out too many flags.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

claimed a lot of people payback his or her's borrowing products by the due date as well as without charges
A leading bill charity desires the number of men and women switching to individuals for the purpose of benefit more than payday cash loan credit card bills towards 2x the. bill charitable organisation states that about manipulate typically the payday, great benefit loans this current year. That nonprofit charities states four years past may be buyers using them is insignificant.
kredyty-chwilowki.pl
link
szybki kredyt online
kliknij tutaj i przeczytaj o tym więcej
kredyty bez bik

http://kredytybezbiku.biz.pl
http://pozyczki-prwatne.com.pl
http://pozyczki-prwatne.com.pl